OpenLM supports the monitoring of a wide, and ever growing variety of license servers. Among those are Flexera FlexLM (Flexnet) , Beta LM, IBM LUM, DSLS, Sentinel HASP, Sentinel RMS, RLM, and LM-X. This is an description of the basic procedure for configuring the Openlm server to interface a FlexLM license manager, to monitor Flexnet reporting.
Please first refer to this Application Note. It gives a general description of the OpenLM system; what should be installed where, and who needs to communicate with whom.
Install the latest version of the OpenLM server. It is found on the OpenLM site.
- Configure the OpenLM server so that it would communicate with the License server:
- Open the “OpenLM server configuration window, On the “License Servers” tab (see image below).
- Click the ‘Add’ button, and type in the license server parameters (Type, Host name (or IP), port & time zone). In order to find the Server name and port, please refer to this post.
- You can type in a descriptive name to make recognizing the sever easier
- In the image above, these parameters are: FLEXlm, olm-lm-arcgis10, 27000, UTC+08, “ArcGIS 10 Head Office”.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button. Select ‘Restart now’. That’s it: the OpenLM server is
- Check the connection of the OpenLM server to the license server; click the ‘Check’ button. A text would follow. This text is a query of the License server. It indicates whether a connection to that server is established.
- Now open the EasyAdmin web application. Click start -> Management -> License servers. The “License servers” window appears. Verify that the configured license managers appear on the list. Circle nodes indicate a connection to a license server. Square nodes indicate a connection to a Broker which is installed on the License server machine.