OpenLM is a complete floating license management solution designed to optimize the use of licensed software: more production for lower cost.
OpenLM is made to harvest idle licenses, and improve license utilization of any organization: big or small.
Who was the OpenLM Utilizer Designed For?
Unlike other license management systems that only offer administration and license monitoring statistics, the OpenLM Utilizer optimizes license usage in a unique manner that provides all personnel with useful license-related functions.
- Know what you have: Inventory.
- Plan license maintenance and procurement of expensive licenses.
- Charge projects or business units for software usage time.
- Cut costs by dropping maintenance for licenses that are no longer in use.
- Real time license usage management
- Alerts – Real time troubleshooting
- Extract usage statistics information and patterns as reports or charts.
- Roles and Permissions: Grant licenses according to specific Users’ permissions. Enforce concurrent License restriction.
End User View:
- End users are not kept in the dark. They are informed about the status of denied licenses.
- Receive a License availability notification when a license becomes vacant.
- Who is using the license I need?
- What is this person’s contact details?
- OpenLM interfaces a wide variety of license managers, e.g.: FLEXlm / Flexnet, IBM LUM, Sentinel RMS, Sentinel HASP, RLM, DSLS and other leading license managers.
- OpenLM supports Concurrent monitoring of multiple license servers on multiple time zones.
- OpenLM supports management of Floating, Node-locked and Borrowed licenses.
- Easily review license inventory in real time.
- Extract license activity reports, with configurable resolution.
- Receive FLEXlm reports, statistics and charting (FLEXnet reports).
- Receive Billing reports for any time period, per user or software (FLEXbill capabilities).
- OpenLM may work over WAN and LAN networks.
- OpenLM employs a web-based user interface that works with any supported browser.
- A Mobile interface application enhances monitoring abilities for system administrators.
- OpenLM may interface license managers that run on UNIX, Linux, or Windows’ Operating systems
- OpenLM supports both external and embedded databases.
- Release orphan licenses with a single mouse click.
- Query users and licenses from any workstation.
- A customizable alert system
- An open, detailed API
OpenLM’s basic software package includes the core OpenLM Server module and its user interface; the OpenLM EasyAdmin module. In addition to these core components, the OpenLM Broker, OpenLM Alerts module and the OpenLM Utilizer Agent modules are also incorporated in the basic software package.
The OpenLM Server
is the core element of the OpenLM system. It integrates the functionality of all other peripheral system components, such as the OpenLM EasyAdmin, OpenLM Agent, OpenLM Alerts, and OpenLM Broker. The OpenLM Server is implemented as a Windows service and could be installed on any network machine.
An HTTP based application that can run on any machine in your network. EasyAdmin is the reporting and management interface of OpenLM. It facilitates extraction of lisence usage statistics, and usage repots, as well as the control and optimization of license usage.
An optional component that can be installed on any machine on the network. The Agent enables end users to query license availability and find who is using the license they need at any point in time.
is a dedicated alerting service for the OpenLM system. This module alerts system administrators when predefined conditions are met.
is an optional server component that runs on the license server machine. The Broker performs tasks as dictated by OpenLM Server, and is required in order to provide advanced licensing information and sophisticated abilities.
Watch the OpenLM EasyAdmin screenshots on the OpenLM site.
Want to evaluate the software ?
You can get the most updated version of OpenLM Utilizer from our OpenLM downloads area. After filling in your name and email – you’d be directed to the Downloads section. The Installation process is easy and straightforward, but if you still need any assistance – Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be glad to help.