OpenLM supports the monitoring of a wide variety of license managers such as Flexera FlexLM (Flexnet), Beta LM, IBM LUM, DSLS, Sentinel HASP, Sentinel RMS, Reprise RLM, and LM-X.
This application note elaborates the steps required to configure OpenLM to interface the EasyCopy License Manager, and obtain reliable license reports and usage statistics. This capability is available for Easycopy versions 8.7.12 onward.
OpenLM Server configuration
In order to configure OpenLM to monitor an EasyCopy License Manager, The OpenLM Server must be configured as follows:
- Click the ‘Add’ button.
- Set the LM Type to ‘Other’
- Set the License server’s Time zone (e.g.: Central Time)
- Type in the Hostname (e.g. easycopy_lm) or IP of the EasyCopy License server.
- The port number is insignificant here. Type in any number (e.g.: 123). Note that the same number will need to be used in the OpenLM Broker configuration as well (see below).
- Click the ‘Apply’ and “Restart now” buttons.
OpenLM Broker Configuration
After setting the OpenLM server, the Broker needs to be configured as follows:
- Please refer to the Application Note 1004: OpenLM Broker quick start guide document for general Broker configuration. In the example below – the OpenLM server hostname was set as openlm_server, the OpenLM Broker port was maintained at its default 7016.
- The license server characteristics are set exactly as they were on the OpenLM Server configuration tool: The type is set to ‘Other’, the name to easycopy_lm, and the port to 123.
- Type in the EasyCopy command line in the Broker’s “data_inquiry” command text box. The command is “eclic openlm” and it needs to be run from the location of the eclic.exe path.
- Click the ‘Apply’ and “Restart Broker” buttons.
OpenLM supports the monitoring of a wide variety of license managers such as Flexera FlexLM ( Flexnet ), Beta LM, IBM LUM, DSLS, Sentinel HASP, Sentinel RMS, RLM, and LM-X. This application note elaborates the steps required to configure OpenLM to interface the Sentinel RMS License Manager, and obtain reliable license reports and usage statistics.
Enabling the OpenLM server to work with RMS
In order to configure OpenLM to work with Sentinel RMS, please follow this procedure:
1. Download lsmon.exe and lsapiw32.dll . These files aren’t included in the OpenLM installation package. For information on how to obtain these files, please contact OpenLM on firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Copy these files to “C:\Program Files\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\LM”
3. Enter the OpenLM Server Configuration Form. Select the LM Tools tab → RMS.
4. Type in the full path of the executable file, i.e.: “C:\Program Files\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\LM\lsmon.exe” in the “RMS executable file” text box.
See the following image for further clarification:
Introducing a new Sentinel RMS server
After configuring the OpenLM configuration tool to work with Sentinel RMS as elaborated above, the user may introduce an new Sentinel RMS server under the License Servers tab:
1. Select the “License Servers” tab.
2. Select the RMS type from the “Type” dropdown list.
3. Type in a meaningful description in the “Description” text box.
4. Type in the appropriate “Hostname” and “Port” numbers. The Sentinel RMS default port is 5093.
5. Check the “Enabled” check box.
6. Click the “Apply” button. The Sentinel RMS server is now ready to interface the OpenLM.
OpenLM Broker configuration for RMS
The OpenLM Broker is an optional though highly recommended component, that should be installed and configured on the RMS license manager machine. It provides accurate license statistics, and facilitates communication between the OpenLM Server and the License manager.
First, download and install the latest OpenLM Broker version. Follow the installation and configuration instructions on the OpenLM Broker configuration Application Note.
In the License server port dialog, select the RMS license manager type from the ‘Type’ dropdown list.
In the port’s Commands list make sure the ‘status’ command is
lsmon <License Server Name>
Document Revision Table