|Title||Unable to connect to FlexLM license server|
|Category||OpenLM Configuration Form|
|Date||Nov 03, 2011|
|Applies to license managers||FLEXlm, FLEXnet publisher|
|Applies to license model||Floating licenses, Network licenses, Concurrent licenses, Node Locked|
|Symptoms||No activity reported on EasyAdmin for a specific FlexLM license server|
|Observed during investigation||A License server’s ‘LED’ on the EasyAdmin “License Servers” window is red.
Clicking the “Check” button for one of the license servers on the OpenLM Configuration Form resulted in an error.
|Trouble shoot process||Check License server connectivity configuration.|
|Solution||Found (Found/Pending/Known Issue)|
The customer complained that there was no activity on the EasyAdmin web application regarding a specific license server.
1. Make sure the License server configuration is correct:
- Open the LMtools utility on the “Server status” tab.
- Click the “Perform status Enquiry”. Status text appears.
- On the “License server status” line – extract the Server name and status (e.g.: olm_lm_acad and 27000)
2. Install the OpenLM Broker on each license server machine. Refer to the Application Note for reference.